Steven Osborne, solo piano
Sunday 10 March 2024 at 7:30 pm
Hailed as one of Britain’s most treasured musicians, Steven Osborne possesses an immense depth of musicality and exceptional refinement of expression across a diverse repertoire. His recitals are publicly and critically acclaimed without exception, which has led him to be an artist-in-residence at prestigious venues and organisations such as Wigmore Hall, the Bath International Music Festival and the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra. For this recital, Steven combines and explores familiar pieces and works by a diverse range of American 20th century composers.
Tickets are available now, price £23 each:
Steven Osborne OBE is one of Britain’s most treasured musicians with an immense depth of musicality and exceptional refinement of expression across diverse repertoire be it in Beethoven or Messiaen, Schubert or Ravel, Prokofiev or jazz improvisations. His numerous awards include The Royal Philharmonic Society Instrumentalist of the Year, two BBC Music Magazine Awards and two Gramophone Awards.
- Arabesque in C major, Op. 18
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15
- Children’s Corner: The Snow is Dancing, Jimbo’s Lullaby, The Little Shephard, Serenade for the Doll
- Two Arabesques
- Marion Eugenie Bauer
- From the New Hampshire Woods Op. 12: White Birches
- Meredith Monk
- Railroad (Travel Song)
- Frederic Rzewski
- From 4 North American Ballads: Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues
- Steven Osborne
- Keith Jarrett
- My Song
- From Porgy and Bess: I Loves You, Porgy
- This is an indoor recital, following our original, pre-pandemic, format
- Tickets are £23 each; seats are guaranteed but not reserved
- Car parking is included
- Snacks and drinks (included in ticket price) will be served during the interval
- Prices broadly cover the cost of musicians; your voluntary donation will help us to continue to run these recitals
- Recitals take place at Breinton, Heath House Road, Woking GU22 0RD - get directions
- Car parking is available from 7:00 pm; Doors will open at 7:15 pm; Performance at 7:30 pm
- Parking availability drives the capacity for this event and guests are encouraged to travel by foot, by bicycle, or to share rides
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from this website.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. This means that we cannot return your payment if you are unable to attend an event. Your payment will be refunded in full if we have to cancel a recital. Donations are non-refundable.
- Tickets may be transferred to others. This means that you may give away or sell your tickets to someone else. Tickets are not transferable to another recital or another date.
- If you are unable to attend a recital that you have booked and paid for, we may be able to help you transfer your tickets to another member. If we successfully transfer your ticket to another member, an administrative charge equal to 30% of the ticket price will be payable. This should be done no less than three days before the recital.
- Attendees may be captured in recital audio, still, or video recordings; please let us know if you do not consent or wish to be excluded from marketing materials.